Bridging Tokens to Avalanche Network
In this section, you will learn how to transfer ERC-20 tokens from Ethereum network to Avalanche’s C-Chain.
To use your tokens on Avalanche network, you can use the Avalanche Bridge to transfer ERC-20 tokens from Ethereum network to Avalanche's C-Chain. Here is how it works:
Make sure you have added Avalanche network to your MetaMask wallet. To learn how to set up MetaMask Wallet, go to our MetaMask Guide.
- 1.After connecting your Metamask wallet, make sure that the "From" tab shows Ethereum.
- 2.Choose the token to swap to Avalanche network and enter the amount of tokens.
- 3.Click "Transfer".
Click "Confirm" on MetaMask to proceed with the transaction.
Wait until the transaction on both Ethereum and Avalanche Mainnnet is complete. It usually takes about 10 minutes on Ethereum and 30 seconds on Avalanche.
You have completed swapping tokens to Avalanche network.
- Transaction fees are paid in AVAX tokens when you bridge Avalanche network-based tokens to Ethereum network-based tokens.
- Bridge transfers are only allowed to the same address on the other network.
- Only the supported ERC20 tokens can be transferred on the bridge.